Translate

Sunday 26 June 2016

The Book of Nehemiah Chapter 1


The Book of Nehemiah

 Chapter 1





1. The words of Nehemiah son of Hacaliah. In the month of Chislev, in the twentieth year, while I was in Susa the capital, 2. one of my brothers, Hanani, came with certain men from Judah; and I asked them about the Jews that survived. those who had escaped the captivity, and about Jerusalem.


(Book of Nehemiah Chapter 1 verses 1 to 2)



Oh God my Father, how nice it is of us to be interested in other Roman Catholics and Christians throughout the world. How nice it is to be interested and sensitive to the issues and needs of others so much as to feel motivated to help everyone according to our own resources such as prayer time or any other form of contribution Amen. This is a great sign of care  and love Amen.


3. They replied, "The survivors there in the province who escaped captivity are in great trouble and shame; the wall of Jerusalem is broken down, and its gates have been destroyed by fire."


(Book of Nehemiah Chapter 1 verse 3)


Oh God my Fire, during our times the gates of the Roman Catholic Church have been damaged internally and the evil spirits have managed to find a dwelling place beyond its walls. We have experienced many cases of priests leaving their vocations, others who have being involved in issues of child molestation. We are all sinners therefore our sins can be added to those of the latter for our sins are not excused or given a less priority when compared to the sins of such people. Oh God my Father we need a new revival. Oh Holy spirit of the Living God I pray that You cleanse and protect your Church Amen.


4. When I heard these words I sat down and wept, and mourned for days, fasting and praying before the God of heaven.


(Book of Nehemiah Chapter 1 verse 4)


Oh God my Father what a holy attitude had Nehemiah! If we all had such a positive attitude when facing such a crisis, life would be so easier. I pray oh God that during such moments of crisis, I refer to You for consolation and not to my own devices such as anger or depression Amen.  


5. I said, "O LORD God of heaven, the great and awesome God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments; 6. let your ear be attentive and your eyes open to hear the prayer of your servant that I now pray before you day and night for your servants, the people of Israel, confessing the sins of the people of Israel, which we have sinned against you. Both I and my family have sinned. 7. We have offended you deeply failing to keep the commandments, the statutes, and the ordinances that you commanded your servant Moses, 'If you are unfaithful, I will scatter you among the peoples; 9. but if you return to me and keep my commandments and do them, though your outcasts are under the farthest skies, I will gather them from there and bring them to the place at which I have chosen to establish my name.' 10. They are your servants and your people, whom you redeemed by your great power and your strong hand. 11. O Lord, let your ear be attentive to the prayer of your servant, and to the prayer of your servants who delight in revering your name. Give success to your servant today, and grant him mercy in the sight of this man! At the time, I was cupbearer to the king.


(Book of Nehemiah Chapter 1 verses 5 to 11)


Oh God my Father verses 5 to 11 teach us a very important lesson in prayer, which can be referred to by means of the following points:


1. When praying to God, always show respect love and care by being respectful in how to address God the Father. Since God is our Father address Him as being your and my Father.


2. Always start prayer by giving praise and worship to You my God.


3. Remain focused on your prayer and relationship with God and if possible do not let yourself be distracted by other things or issues. Prayer time is precious and special, it is a relationship of love therefore there is no room for third parties Amen.


4. When praying be humble and honest to God. Even though He is aware of everything that has happened to us or that we have done be it either positive or negative, God would like to hear it directly from us. Therefore we are to admit and acknowledge our sins. 


5. Admit that you are not your own but a son or daughter of God and that we depend on his love and mercy. 


6. Refer to those moments when You my God had already been of help and support to us, even though God does not need to be reminded, however when we do so we are reminding ourselves of how faithful He has always been to us!


7. Pray for God's mercy and thank Him in advance, in good faith that he has heard our prayer and that as before He is going to answer out prayers.  



Oh God my Father I would like to end this chapter of the Book of Nehemiah with the following prayer:


Oh God my Father hallowed be Your Holy Name forever and ever! I greatly thank You for the good works and tests that You have permitted me to experience throughout the course of my life. I would like to place before You a friend of mine who has recently experienced the passing away of both her husband, her pet and now her father. I pray for mercy oh God my Father, I am aware that You do not permit us to experience more than we can cope with, therefore I thank You for being so merciful and kind even toward my friend to whom You will give a period of relaxation and consolation as according to Your will Amen. I thank You God almighty for listening to my prayer.

No comments: